Bicester Men’s MBBO League Division 1 promotion bid suffered a dent as they could only draw 1-1 at home to Maidenhead 2nd.

They were hoping to get back on track following the previous week’s thrashing, but found the struggling visitors a tough nut to crack.

Bicester got off to the worst possible start, when Maidenhead took the lead two minutes in with a deflected shot.

That woke the hosts up and they started to get a grip on the game, but failed to put away their chances.

A stern half-time team talk from captain Daniel Round saw Bicester come out in determined mood, but it wasn’t until a minute from time that they levelled.

Luke Smith poached a goal on the line following some good work from Stu Moore and Jon Rodger.

Bicester 2nd fought back for a 2-2 draw at Wallingford 3rd in Division 5, with a late equaliser from Justin Temple.

The hosts dominated the early exchanges, only to fall behind when defender Mark Stuart-Thompson’s interception was deflected past Gary Brock in the Bicester goal.

But the visitors continued to press and were rewarded with the equaliser on 15 minutes. Ben Kirk brilliantly turned his marker on the edge of the D before coolly slotting home.

Bicester were unlucky not to go ahead early in the second half, but Chris Tarratt’s drive flew inches wide of the top corner.

And they were rueing that miss when Wallingford res-tored their lead following a mix-up in the home defence.

But Bicester refused to be beaten and ten minutes from time they levelled when Temple levelled following a short corner routine.

Bicester 3rd went down to a 3-0 home defeat against Wokingham 3rd in Division 5.

Goals from Ella Weston and Emma Gordon proved in vain as Bicester ladies lost 6-2 at home to Reading 2nd in Trysports Three Counties League Premier 1.

Bicester 2nd slipped to a 2-0 defeat at Oxford Hawks 4th in Division 2.

Bicester 3rd suffered late agony as they lost 3-2 at home to Maidenhead 4th in Division 5.

The hosts started well for Bicester who took the lead on 15 minutes through Julie Giles.

However, Maidenhead hit back to take a 2-1 lead at the break.

In the second half, Bicester levelled 15 minutes from timewith a great strike by Jessica Thripland.

It looked as though Bicester would hold on for a draw, but seven minutes from time Maidenhead fired in the winner.