When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Family flee burning Bicester home in blaze drama
8:40am Thursday 26th June 2014 in News
A family escaped their Bicester home after a dishwasher fire broke out in their kitchen in the middle of the night.
Two engines were called to the scene at around 2.20am on Sunday to put out a fire in Lilly Close after a dishwasher caught fire.
Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue only released the information on Tuesday.
The family, who were alerted by a smoke alarm, were already outside the property when the emergency services arrived.
Watch Manager Robert Lewis said: “This incident shows the importance of having working smoke alarms on each floor of your property and to test them weekly.”
Our top stories: