Man rescued from fire

.

.

First published in News

A man was rescued unconscious from a burning house.

Firefighters were called to Spindleside after a neighbour saw smoke coming from a first floor window on Monday afternoon.

Three crews tackled a fire on the ground floor and found the man unconscious upstairs.

He was taken to hospital by air ambulance. His condition is not known.

Fire service group manager Grahame Mitchell said: “This situation could have been far more serious had the neighbour not been so vigilant and dialled 999 immediately.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree