CHINNOR produced their best performance of the season to beat high-flying Rosslyn Park 55-19 in National League 1.

The Oxfordshire side crossed eight times in a magnificent display at Kingsey Road as they made it three successive home wins.

Tries from Kieran Goss (2), Sam Yawayawa (2), Luke Carter, Jack Walsh, Mark Darlington and Nick Smith saw them severely dent the visitors’ promotion hopes.

Chinnor were outstanding all afternoon and raced into a 17-0 lead after 12 minutes.

Winger Goss and scrum-half Carter crossed to make it 14-0, before full-back Smith’s penalty extended the advantage.

Hugo Ellis drove across for Park, but Chinnor were relentless and kept the hammer down.

Yawayawa broke through a gaping hole in midfield and dotted down under the posts, before the centre powered over from close range as the hosts went into a 24-point lead.

There was still time for Chinnor to make it 38-7 at the break, with fly-half Walsh finishing off a flowing move.

The hosts remained on top and within eight minutes of the restart they had scored two more tries.

Goss crossed for his second, before hooker Darlington plunged over at the back of a driving lineout as Chinnor went 50-7 ahead.

Smith scored try number eight on the hour mark, taking his personal points tally for the day to 20.

Park stuck in there and Henry Spencer and Charlie Piper crossed late on, but the damage was already well and truly done.

In National 2 South, Henley Hawks ended a run of three successive defeats with a 48-17 home victory over Barnstaple.

Reuben Norville scored the first of his three tries inside the first minute to get the hosts up and running.

Will Panday and George Amphlett went over, with Guy Rawsthorn adding a conversion to put Hawks 17-0 up after 20 minutes.

He added the extras to Norville’s second try, before Sam Lunnon crossed as the hosts reached the interval 29-0 in front.

The visitors touched down after the restart but Norville and Panday went over again, Rawsthorn adding two conversions, to make it 43-5.

Marcus Lowe completed the scoring for Henley, who stay sixth.

Oxford Quins go into the final day of the South West 1 East season knowing a win over Chippenham guarantees them the title, thanks to their 64-8 triumph over Buckingham.

Banbury Bulls were awarded victory over Windsor when their home fixture was cancelled. It secures second place for the Oxfordshire side.

Grove claimed a shock 27-17 win at fifth-place Witney to aid their survival fight, leaving them 12th going into the final round of fixtures.

In Southern Counties North, Bicester beat Marlow 31-15 and Wallingford lost 12-3 at home to Aylesbury.

Gosford All Blacks took the points when their tie against league leaders Stow on the Wold was called off.

Bicester Advertiser:

Oxford RFC Club Captain Will Boyes triumphantly holds the trophy high after his team won the Berks/Bucks and Oxon 2 North Picture: Richard Tyrrell

Elsewhere, Oxford sealed the Berks/Bucks and Oxon 2 North title with a 53-12 home win over Buckingham.

It saw them end the season five points clear of second-placed Faringdon, who inflicted their only defeat on the opening day of the campaign.

Since then, Oxford have gone 17 games unbeaten and scored an average of 45 points per match.

President Martin Walsh said: "Our coaches Tom Wells and Dominic Matthews have promoted a free and open style of running rugby that the players have taken on board, which has become the catalyst for this success and which will be repeated wherever we find ourselves next season."