CHINNOR conceded three tries in the final six minutes as Plymouth Albion pulled off a shock comeback to triumph 41-36 at Kingsey Road.

It saw the home side miss the chance to go fourth in National League 1 on the day Ben Manning made his 150th appearance for the club.

The visitors were the better side for the opening 15 minutes and led 10-0 courtesy of a Phil Jones penalty and Jeremy To’a try.

Chinnor recovered to make it 14-10 inside half an hour, thanks to converted tries from Charlie Fleckney and James Bourton, only for Plymouth’s Alex Ducker to dive over.

But Manning stormed over and Bourton slotted a penalty to give the hosts a 24-15 lead.

The early stages of the second half were played in Chinnor territory, although they extended their advantage to 14 points on 53 minutes when Kieran Goss scored a stunning solo try, running in from 70m.

A change of referee was needed before the hour mark as Veryan Boscawen suffered a hamstring injury, and when play restarted Plymouth’s Shek Sheriff dived over.

Chinnor looked good value for a bonus-point victory when Elliot Chilvers forced his way over to make it 36-22, but the game was turned on its head.

Ben Parsons crossed to close the gap, before Plymouth snatched victory with Ducker’s two counter-attacking tries – the last one arriving in the final play of the match.

Elsewhere, Henley Hawks, closed in on the National 2 South pace-setters with an excellent 43-26 triumph over leaders Worthing.

The hosts stormed into a 21-0 lead in the first 30 minutes with Cail Cookland converting tries by Guy Rawsthorne, Will Crowe and Tom Emery.

Worthing showed why they started the day top of the table as Ken Dowding and Henry Birch went over, Matt McLean twice adding the extras.

Cookland’s try made it 26-14 at the break, only for Levi Davis and John Lee to touch down, McLean converting the second, to level the scores.

But Henley held their nerve and Tom Emery and Reuben Norville went over, with Cookland adding a further seven points.

Eighth-placed Hawks are only nine points behind new leaders Redruth.

Henley Ladies were less successful, losing 60-17 at home to Blackheath Ladies.

They sit fourth in Women’s Championship South 1.