HENRY Landers scored in fortuitous circumstances as North Leigh edged out Kempston Rovers 2-1 in BetVictor Southern League Division 1 Central.

The forward’s deflected effort five minutes from time was caught by the visiting keeper, who fell into his own net under pressure from Aaron Woodley.

It ensured a frustrating afternoon ended on a high note for the hosts, who struggled to break down their opponents.

The Millers broke the deadlock in the 65th minute and they had an unlikely source to thank.

Woodley produced a dangerous cross and defender Andy Gunn was in the right place to turn the ball home.

It appeared Kempston had snatched a point with 11 minutes left as Andrew Phillips sent Adam North the wrong way from the penalty spot.

But luck was with the home side when Landers’ effort found its way across the line and, after a long delay, the referee gave the goal.

Elsewhere, Thame United suffered late heartbreak against high-flying Berkhamsted as Lewis Toomey scored in the 90th minute to seal a 2-1 victory.

Mark West’s side more than matched their opponents and took the lead after 17 minutes when Greg Hackett drove forward and fired home.

The visitors looked dangerous and Craig Hill had to keep out Toomey late in the first half.

The striker made no mistake in the 69th minute, though, when he fired home from the penalty spot.

As the half wore on both sides fancied their chances of grabbing a winner and Hackett almost found the net again, only to see his shot tipped over the crossbar.

But the away side continued to probe and snatched all three points at the death when the ball fell to Toomey, who finished clinically.

A horror first half gave Wantage Town a mountain to climb as they went down 7-1 at Coleshill Town.

Goals from Liam Molesworth and Zayn Hakeem gave the hosts a 2-0 lead after 26 minutes.

The contest was all-but over by the half-hour mark, as George Washbourne made it 3-0.

John Freeman reduced the deficit four minutes later, but Lewis Rankin made it 4-1 shortly before the break.

The visitors managed to keep their opponents out for much of the second half, but Amaruir Sandhu’s strike eight minutes from time reopened the floodgates.

Molesworth took advantage, scoring twice in three minutes to complete his hat-trick.

Kidlington played out a 1-1 draw with promotion-chasing Aylesbury United.

The hosts took the lead through Connor Mattimore three minutes after half-time, but Aylesbury replied just after the hour mark.

Didcot Town played out a 0-0 draw at Daventry Town.

Jack Dark could have put the visitors ahead after just 12 seconds, but he fired over from inside the box.

Neither side created many clear-cut chances, but Leigh Bedwell was forced into a flying save in the 90th minutes to keep the scores level.