BANBURY extended their winning run to 11 games when beating Salisbury 19-5 away from home.

Jack Briggs, Tommy Gray and Josh Deegan crossed as the Bulls maintained their place in South West 1 East’s sole play-off spot.

But it was Salisbury who opened the scoring when Rory MacTaggart touched down for an unconverted try.

Conceding an early score kicked Banbury into gear and Briggs crossed, Ed Phillips converting.

After the break, Gray went over under the posts, Phillips adding the extras, to make it 14-5.

Deegan then sprinted his way over to put the result beyond doubt, but Banbury did need Gray to make a brilliant try-saving tackle late on.

Witney were beaten 22-15 at Stratford-upon-Avon to slip to a second-straight defeat.

Arron Lambourne’s penalty put the visitors in front.

But Stratford responded to lead 14-3 after 15 minutes, thanks to two tries from James Wootton, Michael Dawes converting.

A penalty try hauled Witney back to within four points, but they went onto trail 22-10 at the break.

Dawes landed a penalty, before Callum Cook crossed in the corner.

Jamie Burke’s unconverted try for Witney cut the deficit once again.

The visitors pushed hard for another score and pressurised the Stratford line, but were penalised for holding on.

Oxford Harlequins suffered back-to-back home defeats as they fell to a 31-14 defeat to Chippenham.

Two Huw Dimond penalties put the hosts 6-0 up after nine minutes

But tries from Baci Wilson and Jacob Unwin, converted by Dan Wainwright, saw the visitors lead by eight points.

Quins were soon level, though, after Dimond kicked another penalty and Martin Nutt crossed in the corner for an unconverted try.

But Gary Champion went over on the stroke of half-time for Chippenham, Wainwright adding the extras.

A Wainwright penalty made it 24-14 on 61 minutes, before he converted Henry Kirkpatrick’s try to put the game beyond Quins.

Grove find themselves 11 points adrift of safety after falling to a 39-14 defeat at leaders Old Patesians.

Basement boys Bicester lost 30-7 at Royal Wootton Bassett.

A Robert Cooper penalty put the hosts in front.

Bassett went onto lead 16-0 at half-time when Chris Rowland and Gavin Oughan crossed either side of a Cooper drop goal.

Bicester’s best chance came from the boot of Dan Spencer, but the flanker missed his attempted penalty.

However, the visitors reduced the deficit to nine points in the second half after Dave Lawther went over and Spencer added the extras.

But tries from Fin Dewar and Tim Gallimore, both converted by Cooper, saw Bassett earn victory.