A shed caught fire after a tumble dryer burst into flames last night (March 14).

Fire crews from Bicester Fire Station and Banbury Fire Station were called to the blaze in Heyford Park. 

A neighbour had tried to extinguish the fire but only succeeded in partially putting it out. 

READ MORE: Residents frustrated at disruption caused by LTN 'upgrades'

Fire crews used a hose reel to extinguish the rest of the fire.

They then checked for further hotspots using a thermal image camera. 

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue posted on Facebook: "CM Mann who was the incident commander has taken the opportunity to remind people only to use appliances such as tumble dryers and washing machines when you are awake and at home, if there is an issue with it turn it off and call the fire service out.

"To check if your white goods appliance has a recall notice on it please visit https://www.whitegoodsafety.com and for fire safety please visit https://www.365alive.co.uk/cms/content/electrical-safety.