Fire crews were called to a house fire involving an electric power shower.

Two fire engines attended the electrical fire in Bicester at around 2pm on Saturday afternoon.

The residents were quick to react and managed to extinguish the flames before the fire service arrived and were waiting outside with their slightly bemused bearded dragon ‘Drago’.

Fire crews said that the quick action meant residents took in a lot of toxic smoke and required medical attention by firefighters before being handed into the care of South Central Ambulance Service.

The fire service removed the power shower, isolated the electrics and ventilated the property.

Keep up to date with all the latest news on our website, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

For news updates straight to your inbox, sign up to our newsletter here.

Have you got a story for us? Contact our newsdesk on or 01865 425 445.