A CAR fire was extinguished just as it was spreading to a nearby house.

Yesterday evening, crews from Bicester Fire Station were called to the blaze and on arrival, found a rapidly developing fire spreading to the fence and porch of a nearby house.

The fire was put out using hosereels, with specialist firefighting foam putting out the fuel that was alight.

See also: Fire destroys house ceilings and floors

In a post on Facebook, Bicester Fire Station said: “Just a couple of minutes delay in our attendance would have meant the house becoming fully involved in the fire – please remember if you park on a street to make sure that a fire engine, or any other emergency service vehicle, has enough room to pass.”

The cause of the fire is thought to be accidental.

Keep up to date with all the latest news on our website, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

For news updates straight to your inbox, sign up to our newsletter here.

Have you got a story for us? Contact our newsdesk on news@nqo.com or 01865 425 445.