ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKSNotice ID: MF0274359
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS
PORTSMOUTH ROAD AND HIGH STREET, KINGSTON
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for Portsmouth Road and High Street, Kingston, in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT,tofacilitate the installation of a new cycle lane and associated highway upgrade works, it intends to make an Order of the effect of which will be to:
a) To prohibit any vehicle from entering or proceeding along High Street and Portsmouth Road, Kingston in an Southbound direction between Kingston Hall Road and South Lane.
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1above:-
a) shallonly apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shallnot apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of aconstable in uniform or to any vehicles or pedestrians in connection with the said works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 19 May 2018 and will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed. It is anticipated that the works will be completed within three months.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without interference with execution of the said works.
5. Signed diversion routes will be erected via Penrhyn Road, Surbiton Road, Maple Road and Brighton Road
Mervyn Bartlett, Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU.