When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Man in 60s held by Savile police
Detectives investigating the Jimmy Savile sex abuse scandal have arrested a man in his 60s, police have said.
The man, from London, was held at 6.45am on suspicion of sexual offences and taken to a south London police station.
He was arrested as part of Operation Yewtree, the investigation into allegations of sex abuse surrounding Savile and others, and falls under the strand termed "others", Scotland Yard said.
The force is leading the national probe into claims made against the disgraced TV presenter and figures in the entertainment industry.
The man is the sixth suspect to be arrested - and the seventh person to be questioned - in connection with the Yewtree operation which involves a team of 30 officers and has already cost around £2 million.
The latest arrest comes after PR guru Max Clifford protested his innocence after being questioned by detectives last Thursday.
The publicist, who was held at his Surrey home on suspicion of sexual offences and taken to Belgravia police station in central London for questioning, said the allegations were "damaging and totally untrue".
Other high-profile names arrested in connection with the investigation include Gary Glitter, comedian Freddie Starr, DJ Dave Lee Travis and a man in his 70s, reported to be former television producer Wilfred De'Ath.
Last month the force said it was dealing with around 450 potential victims, the vast majority of whom claimed they had fallen prey to Savile. Officers are looking at three strands within their inquiry: claims against Savile, those against Savile and others, and those against others.
The man was bailed until January, police said.