When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Weather update: Flood alert issued for Thames at Abingdon
10:50am Tuesday 1st May 2012 in Headlines
A FLOOD alert on the River Thames from Abingdon to Little Wittenham was issued this morning.
The Thames is now covered by alerts from the boundary with Gloucestershire at Lechlade through Oxford and Abingdon and also around Shiplake.
The Environment Agency also issued an alert this morning on the Ginge Brook through Steventon and Sutton Courtenay.
Flood alerts are also in force on a number of other Oxfordshire rivers and brooks. These are:
- River Cherwell from Cherwellton through Cropredy, Banbury and the Heyfords to Oxford.
- River Evenlode from Moreton-in-Marsh to Cassington, including the Wychwoods and Charlbury.
- River Glyme at Wootton and Woodstock.
- River Ock from Watchfield to Abingdon.
- Letcombe Brook at Wantage, Grove and East Hanney.
- River Thame from Marsworth to Dorchester including Thame, Shabbington, Ickford, Waterperry, Wheatley, Drayton St Leonard and Overy.
- Chalgrove Brook at Chalgrove and Stadhampton.
- River Ray from Shipton Lee to Islip, including Blackthorn and Murcott.
For more details, see the Environment Agency website.