When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
The Scales of Justice
8:00pm Saturday 7th July 2012 in News
- Faisal Althuwaini, 23, of Joiner Street, Manchester, admitted possessing cannabis (Class B) in Oxford on April 3. Given a 12-month conditional discharge and told to pay £85 costs.
- Richard Barnes, 34, of Wolsey Road, Oxford, admitted shoplifting four bottles of wine and four packets of cheese valued at £36.52 from Tesco in Botley on April 4. Given a 12-month conditional discharge.
- Michael Presley, 18, of Sinodun Road, Didcot, admitted criminally damaging photo frames, furniture and a door, and assault by beating in Didcot on May 27. Given 240 hours’ unpaid work and a nine-day ADAPT course.
- Muhktar Hamid, 38, of Aston Street, Oxford, admitted racially aggravated harassment between October 29 and November 7 by making a series of offensive, threatening and racist phone calls. Given a six-week jail term, suspended for a year, with 12 months’ supervision. Also told to attend an alcohol-management programme for 11 days with £85 costs.
- Audrey Mikala, 34, of Oliver Road, Oxford, admitted using a car without a test certificate and without insurance in Oliver Road, Oxford, on December 12. Fined £90, a £15 victims surcharge and £65 costs.
- Leon Preedy, 22, of Aynho Road, Adderbury, admitted possessing cannabis (Class B) and amphetamine (Class B), and using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour with intent to cause a fear of immediate violence in Banbury on April 6. Fined £170, a £15 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs.
- Mark Weaver, 42, of High Furlong, Banbury, admitted shoplifting four bottles of vodka valued at £37.39 from Aldi in Banbury on May 4. Fined £60, a £15 victims’ surcharge, £85 costs and £8.48 compensation.