- Michael Hardisty, 31, of Oxpens Road, Oxford, admitted shoplifting two bottles of wine worth £12.26 from Tesco in St Aldate’s, Oxford, on August 25. Fined £50 and told to pay a £20 victims’ surcharge.
- John Collins, 48, of Freelands Road, Oxford, admitted using threatening or abusive words or behaviour or disorderly behaviour within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress in Cowley Road, Oxford, on August 9. Fined £150 and told to pay a £20 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs.
- Shaun Fenn, 34, of Venners Waters, Didcot, admitted shoplifting Carlsberg lager and rum and cola mixers worth a total of £11.99 from the Co-operative in Lostock Place, Didcot, on August 8. Fined £50 and told to pay £11.99 compensation, a £20 victims’ surcharge and £40 costs.
- Steven Meade, 53, of Kingston Road, Oxford, admitted assault by beating in Gloucester Green, Oxford, on August 10. Community order made and told to do 60 hours of unpaid community work in the next 12 months. Told to pay £75 compensation and £60 victims’ surcharge.
- Anthony Page, 30, of Jerome Way, Shipton-on-Cherwell, admitted drink-driving a Ford Transit in Quarry School Place, Headington, on August 9. Had 93 microgrammes of alcohol in 100ml of breath, above the legal limit of 35 microgrammes. Admitted driving without a licence and insurance. Fined £935 and £84 victims’ surcharge; £85 costs. Driving ban for 36 months.
- Oliver Standbridge, 36, of Whitelock Road, Abingdon, admitted possession of Class A drug cocaine in Station Road, Didcot, on August 9. Fined £200 and told to pay a £20 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs.
- Mark Stuart, 33, of Eastfield, Headington, admitted driving a Suzuki Alto without the owner’s consent and owing to the driving of the vehicle an accident occurred which caused injury to a cyclist in Spinny Field, Oxford, on May 5. Also admitted using a motor vehicle without insurance and a licence in The Slade, Oxford, on May 2, and also failing to stop after an accident. Community order made with activity and supervision requirements. Restorative justice order also made. Told to pay £300 compensation and pay a £60 victims’ surcharge. Disqualified from driving for 12 months.
- Rebecca Coates, 27, of Leiden Road, Wood Farm, convicted of being drunk and disorderly in Chain Alley, Oxford, on March 16. Fined £50 and told to pay a £20 victims’ surcharge and £200 costs.
- Karl Welch, 30, of Stowood Close, Headington, admitted being found drunk in Chain Alley, Oxford, on March 16. 12-month conditional discharge; £20 victims’ surcharge and £100 costs.
- Charlotte Pauling, 27, of O’Hanlon House, Speedwell Street, Oxford, convicted of sitting on the ground within five metres of a retail premises without reasonable excuse in Oxford on February 19 as prohibited from doing so by an ASBO. Fined £20 and told to pay a £20 victims’ surcharge.
- Terence Hedley, 41, of James Street, Oxford, admitted drink-driving a BMW on the A40 in Eynsham on July 26. Had 62 micrograms of alcohol in 100ml of breath, above the legal limit of 35 micrograms. Fined £110 and told to pay a £20 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs. Banned from driving for 18 months.
- Sorrel Cannon, 19, of Ribston Close, Banbury, admitted possessing cannabis, a Class B drug, at People’s Park, Bath Road, Banbury, on June 19. Also admitted committing an offence while subject to a 12-month conditional discharge for possessing a Class B drug given at Banbury Magistrates’ Court on March 31. Fined a total of £90 for both offences and ordered to pay a £20 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs.
- Adrian Fannon, 36, of Evenlode, Banbury, admitted stealing three hanging baskets worth £15 from Co-op in Ruscote Arcade, Banbury. Given a community order with a six-week curfew between 7pm and 7am from August 29 to October 16. Also ordered to pay £15 compensation and a £60 victims’ surcharge.
- Jayne Buzzard, 20, and Annie Newton, 18, of Mawle Court, George Street, Banbury, admitted stealing a sat nav from a vehicle in Hanwell Fields, Banbury, stealing an iPod touch and sunglasses from a woman’s car in Lord Fielding Close, Banbury, and attempting to steal items from another car in Lord Fielding Close on July 21. Also admitted stealing a sat nav from a vehicle in Romney Road, Banbury, other items of value unknown from a vehicle in Hereford Way, sunglasses from a vehicle in Grandison Way, Banbury, electrical items, sunglasses and CDs of value unknown from a vehicle in Devon Way, Banbury, and items of value unknown from two other cars in Devon Way and Lord Grandison Way on July 21. Each given a 12-month conditional discharge; ordered to pay a £15 victims’ surcharge and £40 costs.
- James Christopher, of Springhill Cottage, Pudlicote, Chipping Norton, admitted keeping an unlicensed vehicle on a public road, namely West Street, Chipping Norton, on April 23. Fined £135; ordered to pay £70.42 vehicle excise back duty and £90 costs.
- Simon Munt, 32, of Cowley Road, Oxford. Keeping an unlicensed vehicle on a public road – St Giles, Oxford – on April 24. Fined £600 and ordered to pay £24.75 vehicle excise back duty and £90 costs.
- George Njorodge, of Swinburne Road, Oxford, convicted of keeping an unlicensed vehicle on a public road, namely Swinburne Road, on April 23. Fined £200 and ordered to pay £33.75 vehicle excise back duty and £90 costs.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories