Man rescued after oven fire in Thame

Bicester Advertiser: Man rescued after his dinner caught fire Man rescued after his dinner caught fire

A MAN in Thame had to be rescued by fire crews yesterday after his oven caught fire while he was cooking.

Two crews from Thame put out the fire in his oven and led the man to safety.

His neighbour, in Van Diemens Road, called the fire service at about 3.30pm after hearing a smoke alarm and smelling burning.

Crew manager Kevin Morgan said: "The occupant was very fortunate that his smoke alarm alerted his neighbour, this situation could have been far more serious had the neighbour not been so vigilant."

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree