When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Traders want a decision over plans for railway compulsory purchase order
7:40am Saturday 1st March 2014 in News
BICESTER businesses say they have been left in “limbo” over when they will have to vacate their premises to make way for a new station.
Firms in one half of Station Approach were told in 2010 their sites would be bought by compulsory purchase order by Chiltern Railways to make way for its Evergreen Three Project.
But they say they are still waiting for details and it is “frustrating” because they can’t plan for the future.
A new station, parking and realigned road will be built in Station Approach.
The line between Bicester Town station and Oxford was closed on February 15 and work started last week to remove the first section of track.
From 2015, the route will offer Oxford commuters a new line to London, and people will be able to travel between Bicester and Oxford in 14 minutes.
Paul Gray, Grayline coaches operation’s manager, said the firm had been waiting for more than a year for the CPO and was concerned it could miss out on a potential new site.
He said: “We have got our eye on a site we’d like to acquire and develop, but until such a time as the order lands on our desk we are not in a position to move.”
Luke Williams, assistant manager at nearby Plumbase, said: “We are trying to find a building the same size or bigger and it’s difficult.”
A Chiltern Railways spokesman said: “The legal notices relating to the CPO process are currently being prepared.
“We are in touch with all the affected businesses and are working with them to help them find alternative premises.”
Comments are closed on this article.