Warning over candles

Warning over candles

Warning over candles

First published in News

The fire service has warned people to take care during power cuts and look out for vulnerable neighbours.

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service area manager Nigel Wilson said: “In these circumstances, we’d like to remind anyone using candles for lighting not to leave them unattended, and to take care if using petrol-powered generators.

“People should also check on vulnerable or elderly neighbours and relatives in the event of power cuts.”

Related links

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree