When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Another flood alert issued in Oxfordshire
ANOTHER area of Oxfordshire has been put on flood alert.
Groundwater flooding is possible in the Oxfordshire and Berkshire border area of West Ilsley, East Ilsley, Compton, Chilton and West Hagbourne after a flood alert was issued for the area.
This means the Environment Agency is warning residents to be prepared, but there is no damage to property expected.
The agency say that groundwater levels are high because of the “exceptional” rainfall the county has experienced in the last few weeks.
The Met Office says there is likely to be heavy rain later today and this will continue tomorrow evening.
Flood alerts remain in place for many places across the county, including Abingdon, Woodstock and areas of Oxford including Jericho and Wantage.
A full list is below of areas where flood alerts are in place:
- River Ock from Watchfield to Abingdon, and also the Letcombe Brook at Wantage, Grove and East Hanney
- River Cherwell from Charwelton to just above Upper Heyford including Woodford Halse, Edgcote, Cropredy, Marston St Lawrence, Banbury, Kings Sutton, Hook Norton
- River Cherwell from Lower Heyford down to Oxford including Rousham, Enslow, Thrupp and Hampton Poyle
- River Evenlode from Moreton in Marsh to Cassington including, Kingham, Bledington, Milton under Wychwood, Shipton under Wychwood, Ascott under Wychwood, Charlbury, Fawler and Long Hanborough
- River Glyme at Wootton and Woodstock.
- Ginge Brook for the Steventon area down to and including Sutton Courtenay
- River Thames for the Abingdon Area, including areas between Abingdon down to and including Little Wittenham
- River Thames in the Oxford Area, including areas between Wolvercote down to and including Radley and Jericho
- River Windrush from Bourton to Newbridge including Burford, Asthall, Minster Lovell, Crawley, Witney, Ducklington, Rack End and Standlake.