Asbestos killed ex-car worker

First published in News

ASBESTOS exposure at Pressed Steel during the 1950s lead to the death of a grandfather, an inquest heard yesterday.

Denis Barnes, 86, of Manor Road, Witney, died at Witney Community Hospital on January 18. He was diagnosed with a lung disease the previous year.

Mr Barnes spent 14 months working at Pressed Steel in Cowley.

Oxfordshire Coroner Darren Salter recorded his cause of death as malignant mesothelioma – from asbestos exposure.

He added: “I am satisfied Mr Barnes was exposed to asbestos while working in industry in the 1950s in Cowley.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree