ASBESTOS exposure at Pressed Steel during the 1950s lead to the death of a grandfather, an inquest heard yesterday.
Denis Barnes, 86, of Manor Road, Witney, died at Witney Community Hospital on January 18. He was diagnosed with a lung disease the previous year.
Mr Barnes spent 14 months working at Pressed Steel in Cowley.
Oxfordshire Coroner Darren Salter recorded his cause of death as malignant mesothelioma – from asbestos exposure.
He added: “I am satisfied Mr Barnes was exposed to asbestos while working in industry in the 1950s in Cowley.”