When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
The Scales of Justice
6:30pm Friday 8th March 2013 in News
- Oliver Mason, 18, of Wick Close, Headington, Oxford, admitted being found in an enclosed area for an unlawful purpose and stealing lead worth £2,000 from Transun Ltd in Oxford on February 29 last year. Also admitted failing to surrender to magistrates on November 2. Fined £160 and told to pay £15 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs. l Nicholas Laloo, 43, of Mendip Heights, Didcot, admitted driving without due care and attention and without insurance on the A4074 in Berinsfield on April 14. Fined £165, a £15 victims’ surcharge and £500 costs.
- Adrian Holmes, 33, of Wynbush Road, Oxford, admitted shoplifting an electric toothbrush from Lloyds Chemists in The Square, Botley, Oxford, on August 11. Given a three-month prison sentence suspended for 12 months, fined £200, and £34.99 compensation.
- Marc Gannon, 37, of Mathews Way, Wootton, Abingdon, admitted drink-driving in Mathews Way, Wootton, Abingdon, on January 25. Had 79 micrograms of alcohol in 100ml of breath, above the legal limit of 35 micrograms. Fined £500, a £50 victims’ surcharge, and £85 costs. Banned from driving for 18 months.
- George Graubner, 19, of Villeboys Close, Abingdon, admitted assault by beating in St Clement’s, Oxford, on January 26. Community order made and told to do 60 hours of unpaid community work in the next 12 months. Told to pay a £60 victims’ surcharge and £40 costs.
- Peter Miller, 52, of High Street, Steventon, admitted drink-driving in Milton Hill, Steventon, on January 25. Had 85 micrograms of alcohol in 100ml of breath, above the legal limit of 35 micrograms. Fined £300, a £30 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs. Banned from driving for 20 months.