VAN Morrison, Squeeze, chart-toppers Keane and Scotish dup The Proclaimers are among the big names celebrating the 10th anniversary of Oxfordshire’s Cornbury Festival.
The artists will join a diverse line-up of rock, pop and soul artists booked for the weekend of July 5-7.
Power-folk band Bellowhead, soul singer Beverley Knight, indie-rockers Echo & The Bunnymen, X Factor winner James Arthur, folk artist Seth Lakeman, balladeer Amy MacDonald, rockabilly singer Imelda May and vocal harmony act The Overtones are also on the bill.
New talent is represented by Emilia Mitiku, King Charles, Lawson, Jack Savoretti, Lucy Spraggan and world music pioneers Osibisa.
Hugh Phillimore, who directs the festival, at Great Tew Park, near Chipping Norton, described it as a “greatest hits” line-up which would appeal to everyone.
He said: “I’m really pleased. We have got some of the people I have been trying to get for a while – such as Van – and we’ll see the return of some popular names from previous Cornburys. It ticks all the boxes.”
Many of the returning acts were chosen in an online poll of previous festival-goers.
Mr Phillimore said: “We gave them a list of all the acts which have been on before and five or six names we were trying to get. Then we combined what the public wanted with new stuff and things we have had before. It means the line-up has public approval.”
The festival, which last year attracted 16,000 people, began in 2004 at Cornbury Park, near Charlbury, but for the past two years has been staged at Great Tew.
Cornbury Park is now home to Wilderness festival, which takes place from August 9-11. Cornbury Festival has earned the nickname ‘Poshstock’ because of of its appeal to well-heeled festival-goers and celebrities.
- Box Office: bookingsdirect.com
- Call: 0844 338 0000
- Cornbury Music Festival website: cornburyfestival.com
- Adult Weekend: £160 / with camping £190
- Young Person’s Weekend (aged 13-16): £80 / with camping £110
- Child Weekend (aged 3-12): £25 /with camping £30
- Over 70s Weekend: £80 / with camping £110
- Adult Day: Friday £70, Saturday/Sunday £80
- Young Person’s Day (aged 13-16): Friday £35, Saturday/Sunday £40
- Child Day (aged 3-12): Friday £12.50, Saturday/Sunday £15
- Over 70s Day: Friday £35, Saturday/Sunday £40
- All children aged 2 and under, and Disabled Carers FREE
- Adult Weekend: £265 / with camping £285
- Young Person’s Weekend (aged 13-16): £135 / with camping £160
- Child Weekend (aged 3-12): £35 / with camping £35
- Over 70s Weekend: £265/ with camping £285
- Adult Day: Friday £140, Saturday/Sunday £150
- Young Person’s Day (aged 13-16): Friday £70, Saturday and Sunday £75
- Child (aged 3-12) Day: £35
- Over 70s Day: Friday £140, Saturday and Sunday £150
The line up so far:
Friday 5th July
Saturday 6th July
Echo and the Bunnymen
Sunday 7th July
Staxs + guest
Sadie and the Hotheads
Chipping Norton Allstars
All children aged 2 and under, and Disabled Carers FREE